|deadline||15 May 2021|
|employer||William Jewell College|
WILLIAM JEWELL COLLEGE
Position Title: Head Athletic Performance Coach
Reports To: Director of Athletics
FLSA Status: Exempt — Full time 11-month assignment
The Head Athletic Performance Coach is responsible for the development and management of individual, group, and/or team strength training programs for student-athletes participating in the College’s intercollegiate athletics program. As a member of the Jewell Community, the Head Athletic Performance Coach is fully responsible for compliance with all College policies and procedures in addition to all applicable bylaws of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the Great Lakes Valley Conference (GLVC). At William Jewell College, Intercollegiate Athletics are a meaningful part of a student’s educational experience and valued as a co-curricular activity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct the sport program in strict accordance with applicable NCAA and GLVC bylaws.
- Fully comply with all established College policies and procedures
- Design and implement individual, group, and/or team strength and fitness programs for student-athletes participating in the College’s intercollegiate athletics program
- Collaborate with athletic training staff and coaches to reduce the likelihood of sports-related injuries by incorporating proper prevention methods
- Develop and manage the Athletic Performance operations budget
- Serve as Sport Supervisor for the Powerlifting teams
- Lead and manage Athletic Performance assistant coaches and support staff
- Comply with all administrative staff on reports and forms as requested
- Develop relationships with alumni and other friends and supporters of the College and work cooperatively with Advancement as a member of the Athletics staff and the College community
- Other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Progressive experience as a professional strength and conditioning coach for male and female student-athletes is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Master’s degree in physical education or related field is preferred with a demonstrated commitment to excellence in academic programs
- Certification as Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) is required
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- An understanding of the unique opportunities and challenges in the environment of private higher education
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
Normal office environment as well as indoor and outdoor athletics facilities. Some travel required. Early morning, evening and weekend work required. Physically able to lift 50 pounds and attend practice and competitive sessions indoors and outdoors
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
Candidates must submit the following documents at www.jewell.edu/employment.
- Letter of application
- Salary requirements — in the application
Please note: Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Applicants who need accommodation for the application or interview process, please make such accommodation request in advance to the Office of Human Resources:
William Jewell College
Office of Human Resources
500 College Hill Box 1017
Liberty, MO 64068
Review of applications will begin immediately, opened until filled.
All final candidates must successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment.
Our Mission: We educate our community to ask reflective questions, apply critical thought, and act with purpose.
William Jewell College is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.