The Millsaps College Department of Strength and Conditioning is now accepting applications for their Fall 2021 (August-December) internship position. Individuals will gain knowledge and experience in a Division III Collegiate Strength and Conditioning setting. Individuals will also have the opportunity to work with football, basketball, volleyball, soccer, softball, track, and golf. This is an unpaid opportunity that offers a learning curriculum and hands-on experience assisting the coaching staff in all aspects of strength and conditioning. Interns will also have the opportunity to earn additional responsibilities. This internship may be used towards hour requirements for any graduate or undergraduate programs as well.
Daily responsibilities will include but are not limited to: - Assisting the staff in all aspects of strength and on-field programs
- Assisting with routine maintenance of training facility
- Setting up and breaking down of training sessions and any other assigned duties.
Qualifications: - Bachelor’s degree or a degree in process in exercise science or related field
- A strong desire to become a Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Pursuing or hold CSCCa-SCCC and/or NSCA-CSCS certification(s)
- First Aid & CPR Certified
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and professional reference list in ONE PDF document to Coach Maria Campbell, Interim Director of Strength and Conditioning at email@example.com