Description: Mississippi State University is searching for a qualified individual to fill a Strength and Conditioning Paid Intern position. This is an 11-month paid internship starting July 1, 2021 and running through May 31, 2022.
Primary duties of the paid internship include (but are not limited to): - Assisting with coaching Olympic Sport teams in their respective strength and conditioning sessions.
- Helping conduct any testing performed with the student athletes.
- General maintenance of the Olympic Sports Weightroom.
- Take part in a hands-on intern curriculum to help prepare them for future positions in the field of strength and conditioning.
Required: - Bachelor’s degree
- First Aid/CPR certification.
- Either SCCC or CSCS certification(s)
Preferred: - Master’s Degree
- Prior experience in collegiate strength and conditioning (Esp. Track & Field)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: - Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Professionalism in dealing with coaches and student-athletes.
- Working knowledge of computers and technology is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to critically assess, utilize, and troubleshoot various forms of weight room technology.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort: - Regularly involves lifting, bending or other physical exertion.
- Often exposed to one or more elements such as heat, cold, noise, dirt, chemicals, etc.
- Job frequently requires walking, standing, lifting, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, and handling objects with hands.
- Requires handling of heavy weight objects up to 100 lbs. on a regular basis and on occasion up to 150+ lbs.
Compensation: Pay for the paid internship position is a rate of $15/hr split evenly over 720 hours during the 11 month position.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
To Apply: To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and list of professional references to Stephanie Mock (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Trey North (email@example.com). Please specify in your email subject line that you are applying for the “Paid Internship- Strength and Conditioning Focus”.