The University of Arkansas Olympic Sports Strength & Conditioning department is seeking volunteer interns for the Spring 2023. Individuals will gain knowledge and experience in a Division I Collegiate Strength and Conditioning setting. Individuals will also have the opportunity to work with all the Olympic sports that train out of the Bev Lewis weight room.
- Strong desire to become a strength and conditioning coach
- Possess or working towards a certification through the CSCCa and/or NSCA
- Currently pursuing bachelors/masters in exercise science or related field
- Outstanding work ethic, character, and integrity
Details of Fall Internship Program:
- Start Date: January 11, 2023
- End Date: May 5, 2023 (this date is negotiable)
- Interns will complete our Fall Internship curriculum, which includes programming projects, drills to improve coaching ability on the floor, weekly educational lectures, and how to network within the profession and preparation for future job opportunities.
- No monetary compensation provided.
- Gain experience as well as the opportunity to learn and grow in the field of Strength & Conditioning at an SEC athletic department.
-Get access to multiple different continuing education resources and networking opportunities.
- Possibility of earning a positive recommendation and evaluation based on work performance.
- May receive credit towards completion of a college degree or certification.
Include but not limited to
- Assisting with supervision and execution of strength training programs for various sports
- Attending to daily maintenance of the training facilities
How to apply:
Interested candidates should email the following to email@example.com in ONE PDF document
- Cover Letter
- Three Professional References